Jesus Is Risen

Jesus Is  Risen
Follow Me

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Evening Prayer


My evening prayer,
Is prayed in quiet.
Sometimes, I sing it.
Sometimes, I sigh it.

Lord, you are more than the world to me.
I pray my evening praise.
And sing with the joy of His love,
Of His tender, loving ways.

I can read a verse alone,
I can share it in the phone.
I can write it in my heart so deep.
A remembered promise He will keep.

I can make a note or two,
So I'll be reminded.
So I can see it in an instant, 
When fear would have me blinded.

My evening prayer,
Like a kiss good night.
When God is near,
It will always be alright.

Rebecca Jones




1 comment:

  1. that is beautiful. I am not as good at evening prayer as I am at morning prayer. By evening, I'm tired after a long day and I always seem to fall asleep. This month I have made it a goal to get better at evening prayer.

    ReplyDelete