Jesus Is Risen

Jesus Is  Risen
Follow Me

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Little One


He calls me little one,
I am His beloved child.
The day I was born,
God looked down and smiled.

There she is!
That's my girl!
He sang and danced,
Welcomed me to the world.

He was gentle,
He was kind.
His thoughts for me,
Always in His mind.

He made plans for me.
I didn't always understand or obey.
But He loved me all the more,
And is the Father I adore, to whom I pray.

He is always with me and I know His name.
Jesus bore it all for me, even my shame.
I should have known His promises He kept,
For He knelt in a garden and bitterly wept.

And love me so, keeping me,
As I sleep, studying Jesus, love so deep.
I am so encompassed by Him.
I know His promises, He kept them.

I am His child, always growing,
In the Son,
We know each other, He calls my name.
And He calls me little one.

Rebecca Jones

painting / Little One by J. Bryant Ward 

No comments:

Post a Comment